Project 4: Photography Timeline
|The first photograph, 1862, Nicephore Niepce|
Individually, you will make a photography timeline banner using PHOTOSHOP. For this activity you will research the history of photography. Identify the most important historical points in photographic history. From there you will research and gather images and text that will be part of your photographic timeline.
First, plan out your timeline. To get the full points your timeline must include:
- The first photographic image (who, what, where, when)
- The Daguerreotype process (including who invented it and a sample image)
- 3 important events in photographic history of George Eastman
- 6 major photographic historical developments (from CAMERA OBSCURA to THE FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA).
- Images for each of the points on the timeline
- Dates for each point on the timeline.
Second, make your timeline in Photoshop. Here are the specifications for your document:
- 8 x 20 LANDSCAPE or PORTRAIT
- 150 PPI
Be creative and artistic. Use the tools we have learned about in class including the TEXT tool, the MAGNETIC LASSO, COLOR PICKER.