Project 9: Silhouettes Textures
To begin, you will need:
- A silhouette. (The one you used from project 8 will be fine)
- A photo of an interesting texture.
- Open your silhouette file.
- Create a new LAYER.
- Place the texture in this layer. (FILE-PLACE)
- Stretch the placed file so it completely covers the silhouette.
- Click the check box.
- Hide the texture layer by clicking the eye.
- Click on the BACKGROUND layer and use the MAGIC WAND to select the silhouette.
- When you see the marching ants, select the texture layer. You will see a selection the same shape as your silhouette.
- Go to SELECT-INVERSE
- Make the texture layer visible by clicking on the EYE.
- Go to LAYER-RASTERIZE-SMART OBJECT
- Hit the BACKSPACE key on the keyboard.
You should have a texture that is also a silhouette! Great job!