Project 9: Color Splash
For this assignment, you are going to take a photo of and object and using the selection tools, masking, and become a splash of color.
Here are some examples that might inspire you:
For this project, you will need an interesting photo that you have taken with the camera. Bring that image into Photoshop. From there, follow these instructions:
- Go to the LAYER menu and select DUPLICATE LAYER.
- Convert that top layer into black and white by going to IMAGE > ADJUSTMENT > DESATURATE.
- Use the LAYER MASKING tool to REVEAL ALL.
- Select the PAINTBRUSH tool and set the color picker to BLACK.
- Select the thumbnail in the LAYERS palette.
- Using the paintbrush tool, paint the areas that you want to reveal. Make sure that you are on the MASK and not the background image.